The Water Environment Federation’s Annual Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) will celebrate 90 years, as water professionals from around the world converge in Chicago, Illinois, Sept. 30 – Oct. 4. At Booth #1436 AMERICAN will feature resilient wedge gate valves and fire hydrants with ALPHA™ restrained joint ends and zinc-coated ductile iron pipe.
Introduced last year at WEFTEC, the AMERICAN Flow Control® ALPHA restrained joint saves labor, time and money. ALPHA is used on AMERICAN’s Series 2500 4- to 12-inch Resilient Wedge Gate Valves and American-Darling and Waterous fire hydrants. Developed by Romac Industries, Inc., the ALPHA joint restraint can quickly be installed by one person, is compatible with several pipe materials and uses only one stainless steel bolt versus up to eight bolts on each end of a standard mechanical joint valve.
Read more about ALPHA:
- From Four Hours to 45 Minutes: Las Vegas Valley Water District Saves Time and Money With ALPHA
- For Pierre, South Dakota, ALPHA’s Single-Bolt Install Is the ‘Way to Go’
- Two Tennessee Water Utilities Discover ALPHA™ Joint Makes Installations Faster, More Efficient
- VIDEO of an AMERICAN Flow Control Series 2500 with ALPHA retrained joint ends being installed
AMERICAN Zinc is a proven, life extending product for ductile iron pipe that is manufactured by applying a metallized arc spray coating of zinc to the pipe’s outer surface. Zinc protects millions of feet of cast and ductile iron pipe in aggressive environments around the world and is now available in the U.S. Zinc-coated AMERICAN ductile iron pipe is the most effective and dependable way to further extend the life of an already reliable and resilient product.
Read more about AMERICAN Zinc:
- One of Nation’s Largest Water Utilities Moving to Zinc-Coated, V-Bio Wrapped Ductile Iron Pipe
- Another First: Zinc-Coated Pipe Installed in Danville, Indiana
- AMERICAN Zinc, V-Bio Protect Iron Pipe Against Aggressive Soils in Bismarck, North Dakota
- Morganton: First City in North Carolina to Install Zinc-Coated Ductile Iron Pipe
- AMERICAN Zinc Video
Also at WEFTEC 2017, AMERICAN Ductile Iron Pipe Marketing Services Manager Maury Gaston and AMERICAN Flow Control Marketing and Technical Manager Derek Scott will talk with Water Online’s Water Talk about the latest from AMERICAN. Listen in Monday, Oct. 2, at 2:10 p.m. Central Time.
At WEFTEC, water industry professionals from around the world learn the latest technologies and services for water environment preservation and sustainability. For more information, visit weftec.org.
AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company was founded in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1905. AMERICAN manufactures ductile iron pipe, spiral-welded steel pipe, fire hydrants and valves for the waterworks industry and electric-resistance-welded steel pipe for the oil and natural gas industries. AMERICAN’s diversified product line also includes static castings and high-performance fire pumps.