Visit us at Booth 1436
AMERICAN will join more than 20,000 people from around the world at the Water Environment Federation’s Annual Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) in Chicago, Illinois, Sept. 21-25, 2019. At Booth 1436 see how AMERICAN is generating solutions for your water infrastructure needs with its zinc-coated ductile iron pipe and resilient wedge gate valves and fire hydrants with ALPHA™ restrained joint ends. Also on display will be AMERICAN’s 16-inch Flex-Ring pipe and gate valve as well as its metal seated check valve.
The AMERICAN Flow Control® ALPHA restrained joint saves labor, time and money. ALPHA is used on AMERICAN’s Series 2500 4- to 12-inch resilient wedge gate valves and American-Darling and Waterous fire hydrants. The ALPHA joint restraint can quickly be installed by one person, is compatible with several pipe materials, comes fully assembled, and uses only one stainless steel bolt versus up to eight bolts on each end of a standard mechanical joint valve. An additional benefit to installers is that ALPHA has no bolts to assemble or tighten under the pipe and requires significantly less torque than other joint restraint systems.
Read more about ALPHA:
– First-Time Customer Praises AMERICAN Flow Control’s Valves With ALPHA Ends for Quick Install and Time Saved
– Three More South Dakota Cities With the ‘Need for Speed’ Choose ALPHA Joint
– From Four Hours to 45 Minutes: Las Vegas Valley Water District Saves Time and Money With ALPHA
– For Pierre, South Dakota, ALPHA’s Single-Bolt Install Is the ‘Way to Go’
– VIDEO of an AMERICAN Flow Control Series 2500 with ALPHA retrained joint ends being installed
AMERICAN Zinc is a proven, life-extending coating for ductile iron pipe that is manufactured by applying a metallized arc spray of zinc to the pipe’s outer surface. Zinc protects ductile iron pipe in aggressive environments around the world. Zinc-coated AMERICAN ductile iron pipe is the most effective and dependable way to further extend the life of an already reliable and resilient product.
In addition to its long service life, ductile iron pipe with an inside cement-mortar lining is known for its sustainability. Iron pipe is made from recycled iron and steel; requires less energy for pumping, making it less expensive to operate than plastic pipe; and is the only pressure pipe to be SMaRT certified by the Institute for Market Transformation to Sustainability.
Read more about AMERICAN Zinc:
– Saint Paul Regional Water Services Upgrades to Corrosion-Resistant Zinc-Coated Ductile Iron Water Main
– One of Nation’s Largest Water Utilities Moving to Zinc-Coated, V-Bio Wrapped Ductile Iron Pipe
– Fort Benning Brings in the Big Guns: AMERICAN Zinc and American-Darling
– San Jose Water Company Among First to Install Zinc-Coated Water Pipe in U.S.
– AMERICAN Zinc VIDEO
Other news from AMERICAN
AMERICAN recently announced construction of the AMERICAN Flow Control Center for Innovative Excellence, in Crawfordsville, Indiana. The facility will include the latest equipment and technologies for enhancing existing valve and hydrant products, as well as developing new infrastructure-related products.
Earlier this year, Maury Gaston, manager of Marketing Services for AMERICAN Ductile Iron Pipe and chairman of the Alabama Iron and Steel Council, presented at the 2019 NACE Corrosion Conference on Metallized Arc-Sprayed Zinc Coated Ductile Iron Pipe. Read more.
Each year, WEFTEC draws water industry professionals from around the world to learn about the latest innovations and solutions for water environment preservation and sustainability. To learn more, visit weftec.org.
For more information about AMERICAN’s products, visit www.american-usa.com.